Got a bunch of MP3 files with missing tags? Get 1st MP3 Tag Editor and get them filled in automatically, without lifting a finger. The program will connect to a database and import song name, album title and other tags based on track length, number of tracks and other properties (Internet connection required). Besides accessing FreeDB, the program is compatible with Amazon.Com services' so you can just enter the artist/band name and get names of all the tracks for a selected album. And this is just the start of 1st MP3 Tag Editor's cool features.
The core of the program is its MP3 editing options and its ability to rename files based on existing tag information. Because most aficionados have hundreds and thousands of tracks, this program comes with a wealth of batch processing options. The program can insert/delete/change tags for thousands of music files with just one mouse click. Similarly, the program can generate tags based on file names or location. It can also automatically create playlists. All these options free users from the drag of doing things manually by automating most common MP3 related tasks.
In addition to editing MP3 tags, the program can process Apple iTunes M4a, WMA, FLAC, OGG Vorbis, Musepack MPC, WAV, AAC, WavPack and APE tags. So if you are looking for an MP3 tagger and MP3 renamer, 1st MP3 Tag Editor is the way to go.
» version 5.91 - posted on 2009-03-11
English help updated.
Updated lyrics engine.
Fixed some bugs.
» version 5.6 - posted on 2007-05-18
Added "Up" button.
Fixed some bugs.
EULA - End User License Agreement
The 1st MP3 Tag Editor is distributed as try-before-you-buy. This means:
1. All copyrights to 1st MP3 Tag Editor are exclusively owned by the author: Alex Pavlenko.
2. Anyone may use this software during a test period of 30 days. Following this test period of 30 days or less, if you wish to continue using 1st MP3 Tag Editor, you MUST register.
3. Once registered, you are granted a non-exclusive license to use 1st MP3 Tag Editor on one computer. With Personal License, you can use the program for non-commercial purposes in non-business, non commercial environment. That is, you only intend to use it at home for private use. To use the program in a business, academic, or government environment, you should purchase a Business License.
4. The registered 1st MP3 Tag Editor software may not be rented or leased.
5. The 1st MP3 Tag Editor unregistered trial version may be freely distributed, with exceptions noted below, provided the distribution package is not modified. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of 1st MP3 Tag Editor without written permission from the copyright holder.
6. 1ST MP3 TAG EDITOR IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS". NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE AUTHOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DATA LOSS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY OTHER KIND OF LOSS WHILE USING OR MISUSING THIS SOFTWARE.
7. You may not use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the licensed program, except as provided for in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
8. Author may change this license for any following version of the program.
9. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved by Alex Pavlenko.
10. Installing and using 1st MP3 Tag Editor signifies, that you understand and accept these terms and conditions of the license.
11. If you do not agree with the terms of this license you must remove 1st MP3 Tag Editor files from your storage devices and cease to use the product.